Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homework 3

Honestly I can say with confidence that I had no clue how to maneuver through Blender efficiently. (I am such a n00b) However, with the help of this tutorial I was able to create two objects to be used in my team's game.

This is a picture of the first object I created in Blender and I would like to think of it as either a stool or a table. For what I have now in my Blender file it is proportional to that of a stool, but I plan on changing it to be proportional to a table. (Once I figure out how to do so >.>) Basically I started out with a cube and changed the x,y,z axis size to make something resembling a box. I used subdivision for the surface of the table. I changed to bottom view to use extrusion on the legs for the table. 

Success! I have created the final object that was my initial goal, a chair =) As simple as this object may be in the real world, it was quiet a challenge to construct in Blender. I took the template of the file represented by the first image and change to top view to use extrusion for the back seat of the chair. I used the knife tool on vectors that I cut into twos and made a bridge across to have a face for the back seat of the chair. (Don't want the person to lean back in fall to the floor!)  A new tool I learn to use and that was used often in both creations was "Loop cut and slide". It allowed me to smooth out the curvature of the legs and the back seat of the chair. (Very useful!!)

Once again I used this tutorial I found on Youtube to help me make these objects. I plan to incorporate both objects in the game to have places where the NPC of the game can sit and interact. Plus it could be a perfect place to hide one of the four balls from our game underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment