Sunday, September 15, 2013

Homework 4

1. Do you love your project/game. If not, how can that be changed?

I just recently got hardcore into the RPG genre through Skyrim and don't really have a passion for it compared to that of first-person shooters and fighting games. However, I am very open-minded about the possibilities for this project and feel that my lack of love is just my lack of information about the genre. I am slowly growing to love it though especially the story line and the different ideas we all have =) My teammates seem very passionate about what we are working on and I have to say that it's contagious.

2. Does the team as a whole love the project? If not, what can be done?

As stated, I personally am just getting into the genre so I don't really have a passion for it. I am still a newbie. However, I am interested in the story line and the design for the game. (Medieval times is my favorite setting: Elder Scrolls series >.>) The fact that my other teammates are passionate about the game makes me want to help them achieve their ideals for it and contribute as much as I can.

3. Are the team members communicating with each other?

Yes we are communicating with each other. I feel that is the most important part to get everyone inputs for the game and different aspects that we should work on. It's been an awesome experience so far communicating with the others.

4. Does the team have a regular meeting schedule? What is that schedule?

We don't have a set schedule yet, but we all have each other Skype accounts and we communicate through that. Our next meeting is actually tomorrow at 7pm via Skype.

5. Describe the modes of communication between the team members. 

We communicate sometimes after our class depending on if we have to rush to our next class. Our main source of communication has been through Google docs and Skype. Each of my team members' phone numbers can be found on the Goggle docs just in case we need to get in immediate contact. It has been a good system so far. We also use our school email as well.

6. Regarding game documents, what must be remembered while designing your game?

I feel that we have to remember that there is only so much that we can do for our game and what exactly we want the game to be. We all collectively have wonderful ideas, but they have to flow together. By flow together I mean come together collectively to make a complex game by the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment